Help:How to add an activity
You are about to help teachers around the world by sharing what you learned the hard way. Thank you.
- Search to see if someone has already created the same activity. If you are creating a game using an egg carton, search for egg. You may also want to review some of the other activities in the category to which you are adding to make sure something similar does not already exist. If you are adding a Phonological Awareness activity, for example, go to the Find Activities page and click on Phonological Awareness to bring up a list of these activities. Finally, if you are adding a vocabulary activity, you may wish to review how to add vocabulary.
- If you have not already done so, create an account and sign in by clicking the link at the top right of any page.
- Decide on the name of the activity. It's quite difficult to rename an activity later, so choose your name carefully. Be as specific and descriptive as possible ("Blending: Eggs in a Row" is better than "Blending Activity").
- When you are ready, create your new activity by following these steps:
- Go to the Share Lessons & Ideas page and click Add activity. This brings up the activity form.
- Fill out each section of the form, paying close attention to the directions. You can find additional help for some items on the form on the Help page.
- Make sure you add a step for each part of the activity and that you write each step as clearly as possible.
- Finally, click Save.
After you are finished, you may also want to go to similar activity pages and add Related activities links back to your page so that others can find your new activity easily.
 Important notes
- Ensure that the material you are contributing does not violate any copyrights.
- To be safe, do not copy more than a couple of sentences of text from anywhere, and document any references you do use.
- Everything else that you write should be your own original work.
- By creating a page you are agreeing that your work will be released under the FreeReading license.