|Activity Type: Introduce|
|Activity Form: Standard|
|Grade: 2, 3|
|Group Size: Small Group|
|Length: 10 minutes|
|Materials: Sentence strips, scissors, markers, plastic bags,|
|Goal: Students will be able to decode multisyllabic words by using puzzle pieces.|
|Items: Multisyllabic words|
 What to do
- The teacher will give the students 3-4 unknown multisyllabic words from the reading selection.
- The students will write the words on separate sentence strips.
- The students will use a dictionary to identify the syllables in each word.
- Using scissors, the students will cut the words into the correct syllables.
- The students will mix up the word parts in a plastic bag.
- The teacher will say the words and the students will put the correct word parts together to make the word.
- The students will sound out the word parts as they are completing their word.
 Related activities
 About this activity
D. Peters and E. Wright